Ninety Nine

Zack Martin
Zack Martin
@zack-martin
13 years ago
70 posts
Luke 15:3-7

3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep .' 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. NIV

I may be, and probably am chasing a rabbit here. I can't prove my thoughts, nor can I disprove them, but I have wondered over the years, What If? I know and understand that Jesus was talking about leaving the fold of sheep that were saved and going out to that ONE lost sheep. This has been the rule of my ministry all through the years, to get the gospel out to the lost, and give them a chance to accept the saving grace of Jesus. However, this thought to day (as far fetched as it may be) was first brought to my attention by my mother. My mother was probably the best prayer warrior that I ever had, and when she was healthy she read through her Bible each year. When I was born, the doctor that delivered me didnt believe I would live because of the difficulty of a breech birth, but my mother promised me to God if He would allow me to live. She never told me about this until after the Lord called me into the ministry in 1972. What Im trying to build is that my mother was one of the strongest people I knew in her faith.

One day, after I had finished my Biblical Studies and had been in the ministry for several years, she ask me is I thought there were any more planets like earth that had life on them. At that time I really had never thought deeply about it, and answer that I didnt know, but there could be. Her answer almost floored me! She said that she believed there were planets like ours throughout the universe. Then she told me what she thought Luke 15:3-7 could mean. Now I have already mentioned that I may be and probably am chasing rabbits (so to speak) on this, but What If? The parable of the ninety-nine saved and one lost sheep went further than earthly mankind? OK! Settle down this is just a thought challenge! But if there is life else where in the universe, could it be that there were 100 planets with life and Jesus left the 99 planets that hadnt sinned and came to earth (the only planet with sin) to make away for sinful mankind to have a way to get back into the fold? We know through Scripture that when Lucifer (Satan/Devil) rebelled against God, he and the angels that followed him, were cast out of Heaven to the EARTH. There are so many things that I will desire to know the answer to when I get to Heaven, but ever since mother asked me about this, it has stuck in my head, and I have never been able to prove or disprove her theory.

Unlike my earlier articles, this one is just a thought article, and I am opening it as a discussion to get others thoughts on the matter. I know, that like me, no one knows the answer, but it has bugged me through the years. O, I believe Jesus was saying that we need to get the gospel out to the lost of the world, but could there be an underlying message too? I asked this just to hear others thoughts? Im not crazy, just curious! LOL

Zack Martin

--
In His Name,
Rev. Zack martin Sr.

updated by @zack-martin: 02/25/15 07:17:47PM
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
13 years ago
5 posts

Hi Zack,

Personally, I think that the Bible is clear that Satan and the fallen angels were cast out of heaven to the earth. However, all we can do is speculate about some things.

We are simply not told much about other worlds GOD may have created, or what other life forms, besides Angels, he may have brought into existence. Although there are tantalizing hints and veiled references, such things remain a mystery, at least for now.

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever...

1 Corinthians 13:12 Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely...

--
Ken Rich
https://kenrich.me
Zack Martin
Zack Martin
@zack-martin
13 years ago
70 posts
Amen, Ken, I was trying only to cheer up a bit from my pain. I know and believe the Scriptures! I don't believe we will ever know the answers to ALL things, Some things are only for God to know.

--
In His Name,
Rev. Zack martin Sr.
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
13 years ago
5 posts

It's fun to speculate though. Also, it's encouraging to know that our imaginations are inadequate to conceive of how wonderful it will actually be when all is revealed. Even our speculative powers are not equal to the task.

1Corinthians2:9 However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"

--
Ken Rich
https://kenrich.me
Zack Martin
Zack Martin
@zack-martin
13 years ago
70 posts
O, Ken, that's a great verse, and I love it! Thanks so much for reminding me of it. I will CLAIM THE PROMISE OF THAT VERSE RIGHT NOW!!! THANKS!

--
In His Name,
Rev. Zack martin Sr.

Tags

Dislike 0