SIX THINGS NEEDED FOR REVIVAL!

Zack Martin
Zack Martin
@zack-martin
8 years ago
70 posts
SIX THINGS NEEDED FOR REVIVAL!

1. Love One Another!
John 13 : 34 - A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

God gave us LOVE, and Jesus even committed to us a new commandment!
Quote: "That you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another."
After our belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, we are given the Godly love that only comes from God! Our duty is to share this love with each other, as God shared it with us! Love, therefore, is a necessary commodity for Revival, because if we have lost that first love we have also lost the effects of the Holy Spirit!

2. Pray For One Another!
James 5 : 15 - And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
Prayer is the Communication that is between us and God, and God's word tells us that the PRAYER OF FAITH DOES WONDERS NOT ONLY FOR THE SICK, BUT ALSO THOSE THAT ARE IN SIN! In fact James tells us that if we pray for the sin sick that God hears our prayers and that person's sin can be forgiven. Even though it is an individual thing between a person and God, God does forgive sin! Forgiveness of sin is a Revival of ones soul! After all, it is sin that separates us from the love of God, but when we ask God for forgiveness He hears our prayers and the forgiveness of our sins brings Revival in our lives.

3. Forgive One Another!
Ephesians 4 : 32 - And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

If we expect God to forgive us from our own sins, then we have to forgive others of their sins! Some of the greatest Revivals that I have been apart of didn't happen until people who weren't even speaking to one another walked down and hugged one another, and forgave each other of the faults between them! That was when the Holy Spirit came and a HUGE Revival broke out! Most of the time that what was keeping the Revival from happening!

4. Forbearing One Another!
Colossians 3 : 12 - Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;
Colossians 3 : 13 - bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.

Forbearing and forgiving are two different issues. Forbearing means ceasing from all acts and thoughts of revenge. What it says, in other words, "Don't take matters into your own hands. Instead, endure the hurt. Lay the matter down and leave it alone. Forgiving encompasses two other commandments: (1) Loving your enemies, and (2) Praying for them! One wise old preacher said, " If you pray for your enemies you can do all the rest!" I have found this to be true in my own life! So we need both to forgive and forbear one another!

5. Bear One Another's Burdens!
Galatians 6 : 1 - (Bear and Share the Burdens) Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.
Galatians 6 : 2 - Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
The meaning is that by showing sympathy to others in their distress, of whatever ... Bear ye one another's burdens — Sympathize with and assist each other, in all your weaknesses, grievances, trials. It is our duty as believers to help bear one another’s burdens (Gal. 6:2). When someone staggers, we help steady the load. If he is straining, we help bear the burden. And if he stumbles, we lift him up. Helping fellow believers carry the weight of their worldly troubles is one of the chief practical duties that ought to consume every Christian.
When the Altar is opened up during Revivals, and people come to the Altar seeking help from God, they need someone to help them bear their burden or burdens, and be a shoulder for them to lean on, but further than that to assist them through the difficult times, whatever it may be! I can't say enough what such times as these have meant to me in difficult times in my own life!

6. Rejoice with one another!
Romans 12 : 15 - Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
In our Christian walk there are good times and bad times, and just like we are with one another in bad times when we forbear one another's burdens, there are also times when we are happy! During these happy times, Paul tells us to REJOICE with one another! Some of the happiest moments that can happen is when Revival breaks out between all those of a congregation, and we can share in that Joy together, and rejoice with one another! When we get to heaven with Jesus there will be MUCH REJOICING as we PRAISE GOD TOGETHER and CAST OUR CROWNS AT HIS FEET! For all eternity!!! I think of it as a CONSTANT REVIVAL!

--
In His Name,
Rev. Zack martin Sr.

Tags

Dislike 0