Is It Ministry that you do?

Minister Kai' Brown
Minister Kai' Brown
@minister-kai-brown
14 years ago
1 posts

As we travel across the region and country, God has really been dealing with me on a few great issues. Being given a talent to sing and produce, Ive grown up singing and being in front of people. Ive spent several years singing in the secular arena. It was strictly a performance, a show, a paycheck, and all about me. When God called me into the ministry, the main thing used was my talent. I just didnt feel right moving around, trying to work the crowd, scripting which songs to sing, choreographing everything, and trying to entertain. I was being dealt with like never before. God was showing me that it was no longer about me. It was no longer a gig, not a show No longer entertainment. Now it had to be strictly ministry. No longer about how much money made, if any. A specific covenant was made. I told God if He would bless me and the ministry and I would keep it just that Ministry! I no longer longed for applause. I felt a need for a high anointing. I wanted to see millions saved through this ministry. Now, I still tried to just perform. I tried scripting a show. Things were not bearing good fruit. Then the Lord showed me that He had to run things. He must be the builder of the house. I had to be surrounded by ministry minded people. The anointing had to be there. The Word had to be in the songs because the Bible says that when sent out it would accomplish its mission. I cannot be too focused on entertaining. Why? Folks dont take entertainment seriously. Times are critical and lives are at stake. I found myself traveling all over the country, In the midst of some of the biggest names in gospel music and ministry. Some of the very people that I looked so forward to meeting coming off of their buses drunk or high. Bragging on who rocked the house for that particular evening, too big time to speak to admirers, and straight faking the anointing.

Some seemed to be more for hire than on fire. Im constantly reminded that my job is to minister. Ive even been criticized because some say that I minister too much. How can we minister too much? So many artists call what they do a show. I am not criticizing but isnt it supposed to be more? Another question. Is the ministry secondary to industry?

I have heard record company execs state that it is a ministry BUT more so to them business. They still look for a certain image or look over an anointed artist. I know artists and preachers that wont come to a place unless a certain dollar amount is met. This is locally as well as nationally. They love to say that a worker is worthy of his hire but how much in dollars is a soul worth? I was told that we are to plant, water, and God will add the increase. I just wanted to put this out there. Are we really about ministry? Lets ask ourselves, what is more important. Souls or sales? Is it ministry or Industry first? Would we rather go to concerts or crusades? Is it just a show?

updated by @minister-kai-brown: 02/06/23 04:13:02AM
SMR
SMR
@seeking-my-remnant-entertainment
14 years ago
2 posts
Preach, speak the Word and be set free!For it is not about us but what we do in love and obedience to the call on our lives. We are the head and not the tail but many are truly acting like the tail only because they have forgotten to stay in their lane. For if it had not been for God on our side where would we be?I know that when I said LORD if you clean me up from this crack 11 years ago I will go any were and do anything that You say do!If I did not honor my vow I would not be where I am today. Glory. So good for you Minister Kai for keeping it real!!!!I got my Hedge t-shirt today and will be wearing it a Gospel roller skating outing. I will put the photos up next week. Love and thank you SMR-Apostle

Tags

Dislike 0