Will God Forgive Same Sins

Pastor Dan
Pastor Dan
@pastor-dan
14 years ago
2 posts
Does God give forgiveness of all sin? Even if you commit the same sin over and over and still ask for forgiveness? Will the Most High forgive us even if we repent daily of the same sins?
updated by @pastor-dan: 02/06/23 04:12:44AM
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
14 years ago
5 posts
Matthew 18:21:22 - Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? Jesus answered, I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.Personally, based on the parable that follows this statement, and the all familiar "judge not, lest you be judged", I believe how we treat others, with respect to sin and judgment, will have a great bearing on how God treats us.Also, I feel there is only one unpardonable sin, and that is rejection of the Holy Spirit. All manner of sin will be forgiven unto men, except that one.In other words, God is willing to keep working with us, as long as we are willing to keep trying. However, he will repect your freewill, and allow outright rejection of his Spirit. Then you have appointed yourself for doom.In the long standing debate over once saved always saved, which kind of ties into the this, I would say that nothing can snatch us out of his hand, but we can freely choose to leave.He may disipline us, or purge us in the furance of affliction, to cure us our habitual, repeating sins - but we remain in a saved relationship until we choose to reject his Spirit - the unpardonable sin.

--
Ken Rich
https://kenrich.me
Pastor Dan
Pastor Dan
@pastor-dan
14 years ago
2 posts
Thanks Ken, good answer...
Robert T Sells
Robert T Sells
@robert-t-sells