“Wake Up, Get Dressed, And Walk For Christ!”

Zack Martin
Zack Martin
@zack-martin
13 years ago
70 posts

Rom 13:11-14

And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. 13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

NKJV

Introduction: In the hum-drum days of our faith, we get lackadaisical about our work for the Lord. We become caught in the usual way we attend Church, sing our hymns, pray when called upon, and then get up and go home to go to our jobs that week. We do nothing to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world that needs His forgiveness and Grace. Know this, Jesus second coming is far closer now than it was when we first accepted Him as our Lord and Savior.

The Devil is NOT LACKADAISICAL in his fight against our faith. We have to hear what God is saying here in Romans chapter 13.

1. First it tells us to AWAKE out of our lackadaisicalness. However we can do it. The first thing I do when I wake up is get a shower and put on clean clothes to face the world in. Get rid of the dirty, dark things that hold us back.

Have you ever been so sick that you didnt feel like getting a bath and cleaning up? What is the first thing you notice after not getting that bath? I, personally, notice the smells of dirtiness, and I want to get that uncleanness off as fast as I can.

2. When we allow sin and ungodliness to become a part of our daily life, it is being sin-sick and we have to make ourselves well again by getting rid of the dirt and darkness that lie between us and God by asking for His forgiveness.

The last part of verse 11 and verse 12 says:

for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.

3. Get DRESSED! Not in dirty clothes, but as Paul says here: Let us put on the armor of light,

Our attire is armor and strength given to us by God. Where do we get this attire? We get it through the promises of Gods Word, reading Gods Word and then having PRAYER and SUPPLICATION, communicating with God. This is VERY important in Christian living. Dont be a Saint of God in a DIRTY SHEET! AMEN!!!!

Let Gods Word tell us what the armor is. Look here >

Eph 6:14-20

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

NKJV

1. Truth and the Breastplate of Righteousness

2. Shod your feet with The Preparation of the gospel of peace

3. Taking up The Shield of Faith with which we will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

4. The Helmet of Salvation. And,

5. The Sword of The Spirit, which the Word of God.

6. Prayer > prayer and supplication in the Spirit - This more than lip service by the way!

8. Watchful to this end - with all perseverance and supplication for ALL the Saints.

After we have our attire on we can fight the battle that we are called to do, more effectively.

4. 13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

Start walking for Christ, and thats a DAILY walk for Him. A Walk in Righteousness, Love, Grace. And Forgiveness. Now we are ready for Service!!

By: Rev. Zack Martin

--
In His Name,
Rev. Zack martin Sr.

updated by @zack-martin: 02/25/15 05:43:06AM

Tags

Dislike 0