GOD'S STILL SMALL VOICE!

Zack Martin
Zack Martin
@zack-martin
13 years ago
70 posts

In the 19th chapter of 1 Kings we find King Ahab telling his wife Jezebel what Elijah had done to her prophets of Baal. How he slaughtered them with the sword. Jezebel sent a message to Elijah and heres what she said;

1 Kings 19:2 - 3

2 Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by to morrow about this time.

3 And when he saw that, he arose, and went for his life, and came to Beer-sheba, which belongeth to Judah, and left his servant there.

So Elijah fled for his life: 1 Kings 19 : 4. But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.

The fears that we sometimes have to face are very vivid and real. In Elijahs mind, if he hadnot fled he would surely have died. The real things in this world make us doubt the power of God. Elijah had just saw God send down fire from heaven and consume the sacrifice he offered in his test against the prophets of Baal. He saw black clouds arise with heavy rains, and the drought and famine was broken. He saw the children of Israel fall prostrate on the ground and turn back to God. He knew this was just the beginning of what God wanted him to do, but the fear of death got the best of him, and he found himself under a Juniper tree.

I suspect there are Juniper trees in all our lives. I know there have been for me. I loved life to it fullest, and then in 1996, I began to find problems within my life that I couldnt and wouldnt deal with. My health began to fail, and I would not stop the things that I loved to do (sing, preach, do revivals, etc.). Then in 1996 I had a total knee replacement, and I gave up a growing church because I didnt think I could keep up with a church of the size that I had. Then in 1999 I had to have a total hip replacement, and then the worst thing of my life happened. My wife of 22 years left me for another man. A man that I thought was a friend. A man that I led to the Lord, and baptized. It was at exactly the same time as the hip replacement. I can tell you I had my Juniper tree moment. I cried out to God as Elijah did for God to take my life. O, I did then, and still do now, have so much to live for, but the fear of losing my family almost got the best of me. BUT, God was there for me, and I served Him for another 7 years fatefully and with many successes. The church I served understood that my wifes leaving was NOT my fault or my doing, and stood behind me through thick and thin until I finally had to give up my ministry in 2006. Please dont pity or feel sorry for me, for I am not sharing this (and its the first time that I have shared it) for that reason. From the day that I became disabled I have always given God glory for the great things in my life. I have two beautiful children that love me dearly, and I now have two beautiful grand children that love me dearly, as do I them. So you see there are Juniper trees in all our lives! In 2008 I fought a battle with cancer, and so far I have won that battle, not me, but MY LORD and SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST. The other night when I felt Gods voice urging me to write the article that I wrote about THE GLORY DEPARTING US here in these United States, I was and am most unworthy to be given that task. Then last night when He gave me the message, AMERICA NEEDS TO REBUILD ITS ALTARS, still I am unworthy. Tonight He has shown me again something that I knew, but had forgotten. You see God doesnt speak in Great Winds, Earthquakes, and Hurricanes, and the like, but you see God speaks to us ALL the best in the quiet times that we have with Him, in a STILL SMALL VOICE! That is how he spoke the other night,! That is how He spoke last night, and tonight I am reminded that this is how He speaks to those of us that take time to BE STILL AND KNOW!

After Elijah had gotten over his Juniper tree experience, God led him to the Mt. of the LORD, wherever that is. The Mt. of the LORD to me is simply a places where we can see God in His fullness, and understand His will. So, Elijah went to the Mt. of the LORD told in the 11th verse.

1 Kings 19 : 11 & 12

11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:

12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

Here Elijah heard the still small voice of God. Gods voice was NOT in the Great Wind! Gods voice was NOT in the Earthquake, and Gods voice was NOT in the fire! But the voice of God was a still small voice. If you are not a Christian, you might say it is your conscience? And, our conscience tries to lead us to good. But the still small voice of God is that voice that He uses in our quietness to show us His will. Here is what God told Elijah to do:

15 And the LORD said unto him, Go, return on thy way to the wilderness of Damascus: and when thou comest, anoint Hazael to be king over Syria:

16 And Jehu the son of Nimshi shalt thou anoint to be king over Israel: and Elisha the son of Shaphat of Abel-meholah shalt thou anoint to be prophet in thy room.

17 And it shall come to pass, that him that escapeth the sword of Hazael shall Jehu slay: and him that escapeth from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha slay.

18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

19 So he departed thence, and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, who was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen before him, and he with the twelfth: and Elijah passed by him, and cast his mantle upon him.

20 And he left the oxen, and ran after Elijah, and said, Let me, I pray thee, kiss my father and my mother, and then I will follow thee. And he said unto him, Go back again: for what have I done to thee?

21 And he returned back from him, and took a yoke of oxen, and slew them, and boiled their flesh with the instruments of the oxen, and gave unto the people, and they did eat. Then he arose, and went after Elijah, and ministered unto him. KJV

I want you to know that if you read the rest of this 1 Kings you will find that Elijah followed what the still small voice of God told him and great things happened. I will leave that for your reading and enrichment, but Elisha became an understudy of Elijah, and when Elijah was call up to be with God (HE DID NOT DIE), Elisha witness that and became the NEW ELIJAH, and carried out Gods will to the fullest.

Why am I telling you this? I am doing so because one day soon the church age will we over and we will stand with Jesus, but can we testify that we did ALL we could to start a SPIRITUAL AWAKENING in our last days. I am not in the greatest health. Just this year I had to have 3 stints placed in my arteries. I may not be here long enough to see this through, but I PRAY THE LORD WILL START A GREAT AWAKENING IN NOT ONLY THIS COUNTRY, BUT OTHERS. Brother Ken Rich has started a great avenue for this to begin, and I cannot thank him enough for what he is doing everyday for the Lord. It is NOW TIME TO GET OUT OF OUR COMFORTABLE RECLINERS AND HIT THE HIGHWAYS AND BYWAYS OF THIS LAND SHARING THE TRUTH THAT JESUS IS THE ONLY ANSWER FOR US! If you pass a big guy scooten down the road in his power chair sharing Jesus with the lost and dying world, that would be me. LOL With my last breath I intend to be sharing Jesus with those that need him. The best way I know to go from this world, is with my last dying breath to lead someone to Jesus!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rev. Zack Martin Sr.

--
In His Name,
Rev. Zack martin Sr.

updated by @zack-martin: 02/22/15 05:49:27PM
Rosalee Moore
Rosalee Moore
@rosalee-moore
13 years ago
1 posts

I enjoyed reading all three of your blog postings Brother Zach. God bless you. ~ Rosalee Moore

Lindsey Newburn
Lindsey Newburn
@lindsey-newburn
13 years ago
3 posts

zack i don't like to read but i can honestly say i have enjoyed reading this and there was one i read the other day of yours i enjoyed also God bless you from lindsey be mailing the money for cds soon

Tags

Dislike 0