THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

DAVID A. MCMILLEN
DAVID A. MCMILLEN
@david-a-mcmillen
13 years ago
1 posts

READING THE TEN COMMANDMENTS IN EXODUS 20, WE ARE TOLD THE THINGS WE SHALL NOT DO. ALTHOUGH THIS WAS THE OLD COVENANT AND WAS GIVEN TO SHOW PEOPLE HOW BAD THEY WERE, THEY ARE STILL FOR US TO OBEY TODAY. BEFORE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, NO ONE WAS BEING CHARGED WITH THEIR SINS. GOD WAS NOT COUNTING ANYONE'S SINS AGAINST THEM. "ROMANS 5:13For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law." THE TEN COMMANDMENTS IS "THE LAW" AND UNTIL THEN, MEN WERE SINNING BUT DIDN'T KNOW IT. THE TEN COMMANDMENTS SHOWED THEM WHAT WAS SIN. (ROMANS 7:7What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.) OUR SINS ARE NOT BEING CHARGED TO US TODAY BECAUSE JESUS TOOK ALL OUR SINS AND PAID FOR THEM WITH HIS BODY ON THE CROSS. THIS DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN JUST GO OUT AND SIN IF WE WANT TO. THE BIBLE SAYS IN SO MANY PLACES THAT WE SHOULD KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. MATTHEW 5:19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. JOHN 14:If ye love me, keep my commandments. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I WANT TO KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS BECAUSE I DO LOVE HIM AND FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR ME. I DON'T WANT TO BE CALLED THE LEAST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN EITHER. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE FIRST AND SECOND COMMANDMENTS ARE? MARK 12:29And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. SO KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS BECAUSE YOU LOVE HIM BUT DON'T FORGET WHAT HE SAYS ABOUT YOUR NEIGHBOUR. WHAT BETTER WAY TO SHOW YOUR LOVE THAN TO GO OUT AND TELL THEM ABOUT JESUS. THAT IS LOVE AT ITS FINEST. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

updated by @david-a-mcmillen: 03/07/15 02:35:56PM
HOPE FOR CHILDREN - UGANDA
HOPE FOR CHILDREN - UGANDA
@hope-for-children-uganda
13 years ago
1 posts

Dad,

This is awesome message share to all our members, God bless you for the wonderful work you offering to the Morning Ministry.

Son.

Tags

Dislike 0