GOD'S WAY!

Zack Martin
Zack Martin
@zack-martin
13 years ago
70 posts

GOD'S WAY!

Having served as a minister for God for over 35 years, I have found out that there are 2 paths to follow: 1. God's Way, & 2. My Way. In 1975 (only a couple of years after feeling the call of God into the ministry) I decided that this successful new minister of God needed a New Customize van to travel in. I had taken a church as minister of music and youth pastor, and that church had grown from 18 (the first Sunday I was there) to well over 100 in just one year. I patted myself on the back, and praised myself for all that (I) had accomplished. Taking credit for what God had done through me was my first mistake and I had a lesson coming from God to straighten me out. As I stated, I needed (wanted) a new customizes van, so, I went out and purchase a new customized Dodge van. With my head swollen in pride, I began my travels. Early (before daylight) one morning I was traveling on a road to a destination of service, and I had just passed a car, when I came upon 3 Black Angus cows in the middle of the road. I swerved to miss them, but hit the largest cow in the side door of the van, turning it over sideways first and then it flipped end over end, throwing me out of the van.

Even in this God was there. This was the first year that they came out with the pop-out wind-shields, and I slid across that payment on top of that windshield sparing me the agony and pain of losing my skin to the pavement. The last thing I remembered was leaving the seat of the van. When I came to, there was a lady standing over me praying for me. She was in the car I had just passed, and told me she was an Assembly of God Preacher. It was first and last time I ever saw her. Whether real or an angel, I believe God put her there for me. I was broken up so bad that I was laid up for the next 8 months. Lying flat on your back for 8 months gives you time to reflect on things, and God showed me how my selfish pride had placed me in this position. He also showed me who really deserved the credit for the successes I had at that church. MY WAY led to disaster and pain, while GOD'S WAY led to victory and Good.

Remember, even if you are a minister or servant of God, if you don't let God lead, and follow YOUR WAY, you are NOT in God's WILL. There is only ONE WAY to victory and that is GOD'S WAY. Just like there is only one way to SALVATION, and that is through Jesus Christ. For good or bad, when God made He gave us a free will, and WE choose what we do. For salvation, we have to choose Jesus. In Romans Chapter 10, the apostle Paul tells us:

Rom 10:9-10
9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Then in verse 13 of this same chapter it says:

Rom 10:13
13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

THAT'S GOD'S WAY!!!

Please feel free to discuss (NOT Argue) this, and comment.

Zack Martin

--
In His Name,
Rev. Zack martin Sr.

updated by @zack-martin: 07/21/22 05:41:33AM
Zack Martin
Zack Martin
@zack-martin
13 years ago
70 posts

I apologize for the 2 different colors of type. I tried to change the black to white, and then after only changing part of the type, I tried to change it all back, but it wouldn't so that's why there are 2 different colors of type. My fault, but I can't correct it.

Zack Martin

--
In His Name,
Rev. Zack martin Sr.
Zack Martin
Zack Martin
@zack-martin
13 years ago
70 posts

Hello Hanna, so good to hear from again. I am doing better the last couple of days, but I am still low in energy and I have to pace myself. Yes, God does allow us to go through trials and temptations, and it's the choices we make through these that make us strong in faith or weakens our faith. Remember in Job where God asked Satan,: "Have you considered my servant Job?" He allowed Satan (Not God) to but Job through trials and temptations, and Job (having Faith in God) chose not to yield to the temptations of Satan. He did question God (as do most of us have) about what he (Job) had done for these sufferings to come upon him, but he NEVER CURSED God. In the end His Faith was stronger than at the beginning.

My thoughts on this is still that Job had a choice, but chose GOD'S WAY!! In my case I had made bad decisions that made it necessary for God to teach me a lesson. I don't think it would have been necessary without my bad decisionss. One lesson that I have earned lately is that my Christian friends are not my enemies and they are NOT to blame for anything that happens. God, Himself, never temps us, but Satan is the one that does the tempting and just as it was the case with Jesus, we have to depend upon God's Word to get us through them.

I feel I am doing better and that I will alright for as long as God will's me to serve Him. Thanks so much for your prayers. They are always coveted. God Bless!

Rev Zack Martin

--
In His Name,
Rev. Zack martin Sr.

Tags

Dislike 0