Heavenly music and Heavenly mission

Donald James Parker
Donald James Parker
@donald-james-parker
15 years ago
4 posts
I found a link to the Sid Roth show where I watched Theresa Griffith Hurlbert perform on her flute and sing. She has an anointing of prophecy and healing. I was hooked. I visited their website and downloaded two of their albums. I spent the next several weeks listening to those CD's over and over. It was great music to work to since I do mental work and having words sometimes interferes with my thought processes (especially since I like to sing along). To put it succinctly, I really like this music. In fact, I was so impressed that I included references to Theresa's work in two of my novels. I'm about to make that three with my newest book.Visit their website at Somebody Cares Website and sample the wares. And if you like it, tell all of your friends about this. You can find much more information about their ministry at their beautiful website.
updated by @donald-james-parker: 02/05/23 06:19:21PM
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
15 years ago
5 posts
I watched the Sid Roth interview - it's interesting, some fantastic claims are being made about the healing nature of her music. Not the typical music ministry scenario at all.

--
Ken Rich
https://kenrich.me
Sarah Mazzie
Sarah Mazzie
@sarah-mazzie
15 years ago
6 posts
I'm not buying this.Also................"She said God told her to make a list of qualities that she wanted in a husband. So she compiled an extensive list of about fifty qualities, including she wanted a man thirty-nine years old."................ Secret Witchcraft,,,,,,,,,,, God doesn't ask you what you want,,,,,,,, BUT Satan does..................... The fine line gets finer every day..................... You're discernment was correct Ken. Sarah
Obie and Brenda Phelps
Obie and Brenda Phelps
@obie-and-brenda-phelps
15 years ago
2 posts

Music has an effect on people anointed music, in (1 Samuel 16;22& 23) King Saul was rejected by God through disobidence, sends for David to play his harp,so he could get some relife from the evil spirits that was tormenting him, when David played his harp, the music was so anointed that the evil spirits had to go, music is a part of worship, where the spirit is invited to come in, so i do belive a person can be healed through anointed music.In Psalms , 149;3 it talks about Praiseing the Lord with music ,and a dance , i belive in worshiping God with my whole heart Body and soul !!! ps. also read Psalme 150, it names all the instrements of praiseing God , none is left out !!! The Flute is a high sounding instrument !!!
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
15 years ago
5 posts
Well, that's a little stronger than I would put it. I'm just a little wary, with all the scams being perpetrated, especially with healing Ministries.Benny Hinn, Peter Popov, and others, have been exposed as fakes - but people still flock to them. Marjoe Gortner was a self proclaimed false faith healer, he made an interesting movie on the phenomenon.I would certainly want a lot more information before buying into her Ministry. That being said, I don't rule out the possibility of the miraculous. We serve a God of miracles and power, it's unfortunate that there is also a counterfeit at work.I guess, in a way, I wanted other opinions because I don't have time to look into this myself, but I saw enough to find it intriguing. Especially, with the interactive music aspect of it. I would need to know more before making a final judgment.

--
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
15 years ago
5 posts
I agree there is a Biblical basis for anointed music Ministry. It would be wonderful if that is what is actually occurring in the case of Teresa Griffith.I haven't seen enough information about her, to make a judgment about it, one way or another - but I am intrigued by the possibility.One thing is certain - she is certainly gifted as a flute player.

--
Ken Rich
Donald James Parker
Donald James Parker
@donald-james-parker
15 years ago
4 posts
Insightful thinking, Ken.What none of us wants to do above all else is attribute the work of God to the devil or vice versa.
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
15 years ago
5 posts
I agree, "quick to judge" is not a good attribute, and "woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil".I like to take things slow and reserve my opinion for when I'm absolutely sure of the facts.I would love to do a "follow up" on her Ministry, when things slow down a bit, and I can devote the proper attention to it.

--
Ken Rich
Sarah Mazzie
Sarah Mazzie
@sarah-mazzie
15 years ago
6 posts
I'm concerned by the lack of discernment I am reading here. As I said in my previous reply to this post God does not require lists of our desires, he knows the desires of our hearts, and if those desires are according to HIS WILL then those desires will happen. Unfortunately the New Age Movement (as I described in "Secret Witchcraft") has put their own spin on "Ask and you shall receive", and apparently it's tickled Christianities fancy to the point that they no longer understand who's manifesting their desires. Very Unfortunate. The road to hell is indeed paved by good intentions.I also must make mention of the fact that There is no other name under heaven by which we are saved than the name of Christ Jesus. Obviously, if Theresas' music was healing people wouldn't this music be of her name? And not in the Name of Jesus Christ?I'm not saying this woman isn't talented, but I am saying that your belief that this music has some power of its own to heal other than what comes from God is a very dangerous belief, dangerous enough that Satan will charm it with credibility to make it desirable in your eyes.Your justification that music is a part of worship does not give it the power to heal. Maybe David did banish a demon or two while playing his harp, but the music merely changed Sauls disposition, It "lifted his spirits" when his disposition changed the evil departed. This scripture (1 Samual 16) in no way justifies the belief that music can heal or save someone from a perilous experience (as the video implied) just by listening to it. A change of thought or action is the only way to banish a demon considering it's a persons free will that invites the demonic activity into their life in the first place.. Just because something seems to be the Truth doesn't mean it is. Where has your discernment gone? You're ability to discern the Truth from the Lie has become clouded by your intellect. The Word tests the spirits, not the mind.I shouldn't be surprised by this, I've come to expect mans lack of understanding as a sign of the times, a sign of the end times where if it were possible even the very elect would be deceived. I just think you could have made it a little harder to allow yourselves to be deceived. This is elementary level deception we're speaking of here, what's going to happen when they bring out the big guns? And Ken,,, Get off the fence,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sarah
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
15 years ago
5 posts
Hi Sarah,I'm not sure that the claim is being made, that this music has some power of its own to heal, other than what comes from God. From what I could glean from a quick run through of the video (while I was simultaneously checking e-mails), she is suggesting that she is anointed with the Spirit of God. She is claiming that the healing is from God, and her gift of music as well.I have to "sit on the fence" because I haven't had a chance to give her Ministry a proper hearing.Proverbs 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto himCall it a lack of discernment if you will, but I find it wise not to make rash judgments.Also, God does want us to make known (list) our desires (requests), even though he already knows them. I'm not sure I follow your reasoning in saying it is unnecessary to ask God.James 4:2 ...You do not have, because you do not ask God.Phil. 4:6 ...by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.Luke 11:9 So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you...John 16: 24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.I can't spend anymore time on this now, I'm way behind on some other things.Be Blessed,Ken

--
Ken Rich
 / 3  

Tags

Dislike 0