3 Little girls and a visit?

David Sanchez
David Sanchez
@david-sanchez
15 years ago
33 posts
They both merit the same concern, but I believe He would be more tolerant of those that mistakenly loved her too much.
updated by @david-sanchez: 07/12/15 09:50:48PM
Ken Rich
Ken Rich
@ken-rich
15 years ago
5 posts
CO-MEDIATOR - Mary is the co-mediator to whom we can entrust all our cares and petitions (Catechism 968-970, 2677). There is only one mediator, and that is Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5-6 says, "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all men -- the testimony given in its proper time."Hebrews 7:25 says, "Therefore He (Jesus) is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them."Ephesians 3:12 says, "In Him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence."NOTE: If Jesus is constantly interceding for us and He is able to save us "to the uttermost," then He doesn't need Mary's help. If we can approach God with "boldness" and "confidence" because of our faith in Jesus, then we don't need Mary's help either. Worship of Mary -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi David,There are enough links already posted in this thread to thoroughly answer any lingering questions you might have. It should be plainly obvious to you by now that Mary worship is not Biblical, and that the Bible does not teach that we require a co-redeemer, or intercessor, other than Jesus.I am starting to think you are just being contentious. I hope this is not the case, I really hope we can agree to simply follow Scripture on this.Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned ; and avoid them. At any rate, I have overtaxed myself, I need to rest. I can't run this network, plus handle all my other responsibilities, and keep debating you over this issue over and over again. I am stretched to thin to keep " flogging a dead horse ' with you.Make a decision - follow the Bible, or follow Rome. However, don't mince words and pretend that the Catholic Church doesn't teach she is co-redeemer, only an intercessor, or that they do not teach people to worship her, only venerate her.Those are slippery semantics, worthy of a forked tongue, and the Magisterium are famous for such deceptive tactics - as was pointed out previously . Words can be used to convey many meanings, a fact the Magisterium has consistently used to its own purpose. Catholicism's FALSE Worship! Your statement " Again the bible is not God's master, only some of His insight to guide us and clearly teaches that we are pitiful at best tring to think for Him, or matter of factly decide what is, and cannot be, not completely anyway. " is very typical of Catholic thought.If the Word of God is not your final authority, then you are on the same slippery slope as the "infallible" Popes, who invent doctrines from thin air, or steal them from gnostics and pagans - even when those teachings contradict, or are explicitly condemned by, the revealed word of God .Again, review the articles linked in the posts already made and study the issue of sola scriptura .I simply do not have the time or energy to keep this banter going forever.With love and respect,Ken

--
Ken Rich
https://kenrich.me
   / 4

Tags

Dislike 0